Full-Time & Part-Time - Monroe and Wayne County
All About You Home Care, Inc.
Job Description: AAY - Personal Care Aide - All About You Home Care is a Licensed Home Care Agency that helps individuals in the community live independently by providing health care services under the TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) and NHTD (Nursing Home Transition Diversion) Medicaid Waiver Programs and is currently seeking certified personal care aides and home health aides as well as non certified person care aides and home health aides to put through our training program.
- Provides health care tasks, personal hygiene services, housekeeping tasks and other related support services essential to the consumer’s health
- Observes, records and reports all changes to supervisor.
- All PCA’s must demonstrate competence in performing the necessary skills and only perform those skills on the plan of care
Duties and Responsibilities: Each PCA will be expected to perform the following:
- Home management tasks including housekeeping, laundry, shopping and errands
- Prepare and serve simple modified diets according to instruction and assist with feeding as necessary
- Assist with bathing, dressing and grooming
- Assist with toileting, including use of bedpan, commode or toilet
- Assist self-directing consumers with transfers and ambulation including use of cane, walker, and wheelchair
- Assist self-directing consumers with medication reminders or refilling the consumer’s prescription at the local pharmacy as specified on plan of care
- Provide routine skin care. May assist self-directing consumers in applying nonprescription topical medications to skin surface
- Collect routine specimens
- Obtain consumer’s weight
- Assist self-directing consumers in reminding them of their home maintenance exercise programs
- Assist with the emptying of indwelling catheter care bag
- Assist the self-directing consumer with reminders on changing the tubing or refilling a tank in the use of their oxygen equipment
- Must have a current and valid PCA/HHA Certificate or go through AAY’s PCA/HHA training program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a phone or a way to communicate to the office daily
- Must be able to arrive at cases at the required time - Some cases require the employee to have a car with a valid NYS DL
- Rubella and Rubeola immunization or titer
- PPD documentation within one year of hire
- Physical exam- must state that you are able to work with no restrictions and completed within one year of date of hire
- Preferred high school diploma or equivalency
Physical Requirements and Working conditions:
Mental Demands: Job involves performing tasks under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse. Work requires adherence to precise procedures and standards involving a high degree of accuracy in observing, recording and reporting data.
Physical Demands: Appreciable physical effort or strain. Moderately heavy activity. May include lifting, constant stooping and walking.
Working Environment: Continuous exposure to various disagreeable physical conditions.
Contacts: Good communication skills required with consumers, family and other employees.
Location: Monroe and Wayne County
Salary: $9.00 per hour
Shift: Monday – Sunday - Varies as needed throughout the week and weekend
Benefits available for eligible employees: Medical, Paid time off, Sick pay, Paid holidays, Dental, Flexible spending, Life insurance, Cancer insurance, Vision, and 401k.
AAY strives to be a consumer-controlled, organization that is reflective of the community it serves. AAY values diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, cultural or ethnic group membership, disability status, educational level, family status, gender, income, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
*All persons hired are subject to a Background Check Prior to the First Day of Work*No Phone Calls, Please
Mail, Fax, or Email Cover Letters and Resumes to:
|All About You|
Home Care, Inc.
497 State Street
Rochester NY 14608
Fax: (585) 546-1724
AAYHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
People with Disabilities are Encouraged to Apply